Pages

4.18.2012

quote me on this....

I spend a lot of my "free" time (I use the term free loosely) reading blogs, searching pinterest for my next craft adventure or something new to whip up for boyfriend and reading quotes. Yes, reading quotes. If you know me, you know of my obsession with them. I am more than willing to admit that they are and object of my obsession. If I can find a way to work a quote into something, I will. Seriously... Sister's wedding programs; quote. facebook status; often a quote. Laying in bed because the hyper-caf (yeah I'm sure it isn't good for me) coffee that I sucked down is keeping me awake; quotes....
I have a little pink notebook that I carry around in my wallet so if the mood strikes and I find a quote I like, or need or simply know I'll want to incorporate into my life at some point, I can write it down. I have documents on my computer and my iPhone dedicated to these quotes. They range from quotes from movies and books to those of inspirational thinkers and those who for so long have wished to remain anonymous. No quote is too small or too long. I find them walking down the sidewalk and sometimes, quote myself. They make me nostalgic for things in the pass, and thoughtful about the things to come. As a teacher, I try to incorporate them into my classroom and instill my love of quotes to my students. I am a firm believer that the right words are always out there, but sometimes, it takes someone else to use them first.
In part, the almost daily rumblings sprung from my love of quotes. Quotes force you to think, sometimes about the things you swear you could do without. Sometimes, the link you to how you feel at an exact moment, in a certain space that you can't seem to correctly convey with other people. Sometimes, they are there just because- no hidden meaning or agenda- just something you felt like you wanted other people to be able to experience.
I have decided to make this part of my personal challenge. To provide readers with something new to think about and just to put out there some of my favorites. As with anything, there are those we fall back on, the ones we know are always the perfect fit. I will share those, as they apply to my day or the topic at hand as well as search out some new favorites.
I have a lot coming up in the next few months. Changes in my family (yay for new babies) and for my friends (babies and weddings and new homes, oh my!) and in my personal life (more on that later), and I feel like I'm going to be seeking out the perfect words more and more often.....

Life doesn't turn out as we expect it to. When we come out into this world, our future seems as smooth and unmarred as virgin snow. It is an illusion, of course, and soon we weave a web of mistakes and failures as much as achievements and triumphs, and become used to walking on broken pavements rather than on paths of gold. It is what makes life so interesting; one quickly learns that one never knows what is going to happen next. [ e. aston ]

No comments: